Repeat medication is only those items which appear on the right-hand side of your prescription. (You may have other medication which has not been classed as a repeat by your doctor, even if you are taking it over a long period of time).
You can have your prescriptions sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice by nominating a pharmacy on your medical records. You can have your nominated pharmacy added by the pharmacy itself, or the surgery. When you have requested your medication, you can go straight to your nominated pharmacy to pick up your medication 48 hours after it has been requested.
Manual Prescription Requests
Manual repeat prescription requests will only be accepted on the printed tear-off request form attached to your prescription. Please ensure you tick the medicines you require and DO NOT add any extra medicines. You can either:
- send in your request by post (if you want us to post back your prescription to you, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope);
- hand to the receptionist during opening hours;
- put your request in the prescription box opposite the reception desk;
- request your repeat prescription using the on-line facility on our website;
- arrange for one of the local pharmacists to order and collect prescriptions on your behalf (see posters in reception)
All repeat medication has to be regularly reviewed by a clinician, your repeat prescription order slip will show the date of your next review. Please ensure you attend for a medication review when it is due as medication cannot be issued after that date.
PLEASE NOTE : If you would like to use our on-line repeat prescription or appointments booking service you need to register for these at reception. (Further details in the 'Appointments' section).
Please allow two working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.