GP Appointments are at 10 minute intervals and the GPs make every effort to run to time, however there may be occasions when the GP has to deal with clinical emergencies or complex issues and this could lead to their surgery overrunning. If the GP is running late the receptionist will let you know.
Please ensure you arrive promptly at your appointment time. As the GP appointments are for ten minutes, if you arrive more than 10 minutes late you have effectively missed your appointment and will be asked to re-book. If you no longer require an appointment that you have booked please cancel it as soon as possible and at least one hour before the appointment time.
Patients who fail to attend booked appointments and thereby disadvantage other patients will be asked to find another doctor. Our cancellation line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just phone 020 8049 2512 and leave a message – speaking slowly and clearly.
Doctors' appointments are available morning and late afternoon Monday-Friday, ie two sessions per working day.
Please Note: Different doctors work on different days and times and some doctors are only here part-time. We can only offer appointments when the doctor is here, so you may get seen quicker by booking to see one of the full-time doctors. There is a leaflet available at reception showing the current appointment schedules.
If You Want to be Seen as Soon as Possible:
- If the medical problem is urgent - the reception staff will discuss it with a doctor and the doctor will either call you or offer you an appointment on that day. (After 18:30 until 08:00 the next morning, plus all day at weekends, Bank Holidays and Thursday afternoons - please use our out-of-hours service for URGENT MEDICAL PROBLEMS - Call NHS 111 )
- If the medical problem is not urgent, but you would still like to be seen as soon as possible, we always have access to a doctor within 48 hours. This can be by booking an available appointment or by attending one of our walk-in doctor clinics).
PLEASE NOTE: Same-day appointments will be offered with whichever GP is available and Urgent Medical Assessments are with the duty GP only. Before the duty GP can allocate one of these appointments, the receptionist will need to be able to pass on information about the nature of your medical emergency. The receptionist will therefore ask for these details before anyone can deal with your request.
Emergency medical care does not include: repeat prescriptions, sick notes, long standing medical problems, non-NHS services (eg, insurance forms, letters, etc). Please use these appointments appropriately.
If You Want to Book in Advance:
- We have appointments available up to 3 weeks ahead - these can be booked in person or using the on-line booking facility.
We encourage all patients with access to the internet, to register for our on-line booking facility. Please ask at reception for your personal registration letter or you can register at patient.emisaccess.co.uk
GP Walk-In Clinic
The GP walk-in clinic is available Monday to Friday morning from 08:30. You do not need an appointment to attend. Patients are seen in order of arrival.
(Walk-in clinics may be cancelled at short notice in line with staff availability.)
Please note: Medical Reports can only be done in a Booked GP appointment.
Choosing the Correct Appointment
In general terms the Practice Nurse Team can deal with the following sorts of problems (in brackets it shows whether a Health Care Assistant and/or Nurse offers that service):
- Registration Checks (HCA)
- Cervical Cytology (smears) (Nurse Only)
- Family Planning (Nurse Only)
- Sexual Health (women only) (Nurse Only)
- General Treatment (eg, blood pressure checks) (HCA or Nurse)
- Lifestyle Advice (eg, diet, smoking cessation, etc) (HCA or Nurse)
- Travel Immunisations (walk-in clinic only) (Nurse Only) - If you are booking Travel Vaccinations online please specify your destination.
Our Lifestyle Adviser/HCA also offers specialist Weight Management sessions.
Each member of the Nurse Team has different skills. Reception have a complete list of what each Nurse and Health Care Assistant can do, so please check with the reception staff before making the appointment. For this reason, Nurse and HCA appointments cannot be made through the on-line booking service. (There are a limited number of walk-in nurse run clinics – see the Walk-In Clinic Leaflet.)